Derek had his Well Baby check up this last week. He's healthy and happy. He does have ankyloglossia, more commonly known as "tongue-tie" and it's affecting feeding. We have an appointment with an ENT to get it clipped on Monday. I'm excited that it will be easier to feed him but I'm not excited for him to go through that. So sad! I was there when my niece had the procedure done and it was a little traumatic. They say it's painless but her scream is still engraved in my memory. My mom will still be in town and Tyler might come to the appointment with us. I'm so glad that I don't have to go alone! My poor baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi,
I connected to you from Berkeley's blog. She was tongue tied too--I never knew the real word for it. Just after she was born my sister said, "Wow, she has a heart-shaped tongue!" My mother-in-law overheard that and said, "Oh dear." (It came from that side of the family--she had seen it before.) I still VIVIDLY remember the day she got it fixed. At least you know what you're in for. The good news is that it heals really quickly.
Super cute baby by the way . . .
I was just about to comment that I used to be tongue tied and that your baby is freakin' adorable and what did I find? My mom had already said both. How strange. Well, I guess I'll tell you that I love the the elephant at Pier 1.
Post a Comment