Thursday, April 16, 2009

One Month!

I cannot believe that my baby is one month old!! We're having so much fun! He's growing so fast and I wish he'd slow down a bit. He barely fits into the 0-3 month clothing items now.

My mom left at the beginning of this week and I'm really sad about that. I feel like a huge baby cause I miss her so much. It was so nice to have family around. My sister and dad were here for a couple of days too. Everyone left around the same time and I'm just sad that they're gone. They were just such a huge help! I got so used to having my mom around. It was pretty great. I don't think I would have made it without her. We're doing good by ourselves now though. I'm enjoying just chilling at home rocking my little rock-star to sleep. Derek and I always look forward to Tyler coming home.

Here's a few pictures from the last week.


Asleep at the wheel.


Grandma Walker teased the poor little guy with some cake from Mimi's cafe. She just put it up to his nose so he could smell it. He loved it. He kept smiling.


He really wanted that cake!


This is his blessing outfit. He's kinda placed funny in the swing. You can kind of see how long his arms are. He's got such long limbs! Maybe he'll be a tall boy. Perhaps a basketball player? His daddy would sure like that!


And this is my favorite picture so far. He looks like a little angel! All the kids in my family have pictures of us as babies, naked on a lambskin rug. I wanted to take the same picture of him. We kept his onesie on though because we were in a store. I put the rug on top of a bunch of towels in a big box. We thought we'd better leave some clothing on just in case he peed. We didn't have 35 dollars to buy the thing. Isn't this just adorable?

We love our baby Derek!

1 comment:

Shanda said...

Already flying airplanes. Uncle Christof is so proud!