Monday, March 14, 2011

Weeks 35, 36, and 37

Week 35

Two days after taking the above picture, I got really sick. Monday night, after Derek went to bed, my chest started hurting. I thought it was just because Scarlett was still a little high and pushing on my lungs and I hadn't really slept a lot the week before. Tuesday morning I woke up with a huge headache, then I tried to move and realized my whole body was one big ache. It was a horrible horrible day. I had a wicked cough that was not normal. It was painful every time I moved, coughed, or Scarlett kicked. By the end of the day, the upper part of my back was sore. I made it through Tuesday and Wednesday morning I took a trip to the doctor. Bronchitis. They gave me antibiotics.

Derek started acting sick. He had some kind of cold that the rest of the family quickly caught. So I had bronchitis and then some other crazy thing on top of it. We watched a lot of movies and took a lot of naps. The only time I got up was to get Derek something to eat or drink. It was a really difficult week.

Week 36

I was still not feeling up to par last week. I think Wednesday or Thursday was the first day that I was up and doing things. We didn't leave the house until Friday. I hit the nesting stage though and went on a cleaning frenzy. Saturday, even though I was still sick, I couldn't stand it anymore and scrubbed our bathroom. I worked all day but it was very slow and thorough labor. Through all of last week, I tornado-ed through the house scrubbing every inch I could. Crazy crazy nesting mother. It feels so good to have a clean house. I have never liked cleaning but I couldn't stop myself last week. It was amazing. Right now I'm feeling very motivated to keep it sparkling. Lorna introduced me to this website called Flylady and I love it. I'm almost obsessed. So far it's helped keep things clean. I love it because it's all about loving yourself even when things aren't perfect and getting yourself into a routine so that chaos is a thing of the past.

Week 37

I feel much better now! Scarlett is considered "full-term" now so I suppose it could be any day now. My mom got into town yesterday and is watching me like I will pop any moment. She's more hoping that I will pop soon. I'm happy waiting for April. I had an appointment today and I'm 1 & 1/2 cm dilated and 70% effaced. Really that doesn't mean a whole lot but it's still exciting that things are starting. No matter what, within a month, I'll have a little girl! I'm so excited!

No comments: