Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy Birthday, My Little Peanut

Derek turned 2 on Wednesday!! I can't believe I have a 2 year old, well, I can actually. He's got crazy energy and a very strong will. We celebrated a week ago with a "KACHOW" birthday party. Derek loved it. He was especially thrilled with the everybody singing to him. It was adorable.

Derek is such a cutie. He loves playing MarioKart, which he calls "Go-Go" and his Cars video game. He is actually pretty good at MarioKart but he usually doesn't place in the race because he gets distracted and wants to hit all the bananas and crates and go off all the jumps. (Did I all ready blog about this? I feel like I did. I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself.) He says things like, "I'm gonna get you!" and "I want carseat; Mommy come!" I love it when he says, "It's not working!" or "I got you, I got you!" So funny.

He's also such a sweet little thing. He gives lots of hugs and kisses. I love it when he pats my back. I wasn't feeling very good the other day and he just patted my arm and said, "Ok, Mommy. I'm sorry." He's just adorable. He is a ball of energy, though. I'm exhausted trying to keep up with him. It's also really hard to get him to eat anything. He goes through phases; sometimes he eats great and sometimes he just plain refuses. I don't want to give him any eating complexes but I also want him to get what he needs! It's a little frustrating.

He still loves to sing and dance. He loves Cars, Nemo, and Toy Story. He also still loves Wow Wow Wubbzy and Ni-Hao Kai-lan. His favorite book right now is, "The Going to Bed Book" by Sandra Boynton and his favorite game on the iPod Touch is "Pocket God."

We're working on colors right now and the alphabet. We spell his name and now every time he sees any writing he says, "D-E-R!" He also is getting the counting thing down. I'm also trying to teach him about "inside voices," which is not going as well as I'd like it to go.

He's a delightful little thing and I love him!! I'm so happy and proud to be his mother. I am truly blessed. He amazes me every day. Happy Birthday, my baby boy! Mommy loves you!!!

(I just thought this picture was funny and I love it. Choka and I wore the same thing to Derek's birthday party. It's the last picture we have together that we are both pregnant. My mom says this is a picture of her and her "grand-maternal" twins. Hahaha.)

1 comment:

Super Daysh said...

He is such a cutie! Glad he had such a fun birthday party too! You are looking so cute pregnant- I can't believe you are almost due! Good luck these next few weeks!