39 Weeks.It's been an interesting week.
I get an e-mail every week updating me on my pregnancy from the bump.com. This is what Week 39 said:
I don't want to be graphic, so I'll just say that I feel labor is pretty close... I'm getting pretty excited about it too. I just keep wondering what she will look like. I woke up the other day with that feeling you get when you're a kid and Christmas is near, except my gift is much more precious than anything you can buy in a store. I will be holding my baby girl soon. Definitely, one way or the other, within the next three weeks!
I've had "practice labor" almost every night. I didn't think I'd make it to today, honestly. I'm okay with it, because I'm still holding out for an April baby, but my mother is very disappointed. She often puts her head by my belly and says, very sternly, "Scarlett, come out!" I keep telling her that she'll come when she's good and ready. I hope I don't have some kind of mental block that is keeping my labor from progressing. I'm kinda stressed about where and with whom Derek will be while we are in the hospital. I don't want him to be scared or feel abandoned or anything. It seems like all our family members are busy, sick, or live too far away. So every time my contractions get within 10 minutes of each other I start to worry.
I get an e-mail every week updating me on my pregnancy from the bump.com. This is what Week 39 said:
I don't want to be graphic, so I'll just say that I feel labor is pretty close... I'm getting pretty excited about it too. I just keep wondering what she will look like. I woke up the other day with that feeling you get when you're a kid and Christmas is near, except my gift is much more precious than anything you can buy in a store. I will be holding my baby girl soon. Definitely, one way or the other, within the next three weeks!
I've had "practice labor" almost every night. I didn't think I'd make it to today, honestly. I'm okay with it, because I'm still holding out for an April baby, but my mother is very disappointed. She often puts her head by my belly and says, very sternly, "Scarlett, come out!" I keep telling her that she'll come when she's good and ready. I hope I don't have some kind of mental block that is keeping my labor from progressing. I'm kinda stressed about where and with whom Derek will be while we are in the hospital. I don't want him to be scared or feel abandoned or anything. It seems like all our family members are busy, sick, or live too far away. So every time my contractions get within 10 minutes of each other I start to worry.
The other day my sister called Scarlett, "Red," in a comment on Facebook. Since then, I've had several dreams where red is a major theme. In one, Scarlett was born, fully dressed in a blue gingham dress and she looked more like a 6 month old than a newborn. She looked like a mix between my niece, Zayaa, Derek, and my little sister, Sabrina, at that age. Her face shape was like Zayaa, flaming red hair like Sabrina, with Derek's features but with bright blue eyes. The hair was incredible.The other one that made a huge impression on me was from my nap yesterday. In my dream I expected to see red bedding in her room but saw the bedding that I picked out instead. I was incredulous! How could I make such a huge oversight! Scarlett needs scarlet bedding! I woke up frantic about switching my whole plan for her room. I started looking online for new ideas and found two that I love. I thought that I would snap out of it but I am really excited about the new looks! What do you think? Here are the two choices:
Sundae Bedding
Delilah Bedding
(Leave your vote on the poll to the right, between the Friends and Family lists!)
Maybe I'll post again after my prenatal appointment tomorrow. Or MAYBE my next post will be my birth story! We'll see, I guess! Love to you all!

1 comment:
So excited for you!!! I know she will be beautiful. Good luck you this week and think happy thoughts. :)
Post a Comment