Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Christmas 2010

We had a very Merry Christmas! It was a month ago, I know, but is it ever too late to talk about how wonderful Christmas is? Dad and Bree came up to celebrate with us. Derek was a little overwhelmed with the present opening. He was happy with the first present. He just wanted to stop and play. We had to cajole him to open each additional present. It was still very cute. We started with stockings and we put some candy canes sticking out of the top. He was thrilled! He didn't care about anything else! He stole all of Bree's candy canes and was walking around with arms full of candy canes. We could have saved a bunch of money this year and stopped with those!

He was very excited about Mickey.

We opened presents at our house first, then went over to Dan and Choka's for more gift giving and a fabulous brunch. Then we had more gift exchanging and a big Christmas dinner with the Prestgard's at Shanda and Christof's house. I forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures of the last part.

The family photo. It took many attempts to get this picture. I closed my eyes in a couple of previous pictures so my eyes look kinda bugged. Haha.

Our little family.

We had a great Christmas and we hope you all did too! It's a great time of year to try to be a little more like our Savior. I'm very grateful for His birth and for His life and for His great sacrifice for us. Merry Christmas everyone! (Only 1 month late)....

No comments: