Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Title Cliche: Calm Before the Storm

I have put off writing about this but I'll update anyways.

Last Wednesday I went to bed and had one of those rare moments of perfection, of complete bliss. Everything in my life was right where it should be. Before I even had a chance to enjoy the moment, blind panic set in, for I've had this feeling of perfection before and trials inevitably follow. I had to calm myself down so that I could sleep.

The next day, Derek and I went to swimming lessons and had a great time. I had forgotten about the panic the night before and didn't think anything of our neighbor's car parked in front of their house. Tyler and our neighbor carpooled to work that day and I thought they might have come home because his wife needed help. I thought to myself, "I'll have to call Tyler when I get in the house to see if he needs a ride home." When I opened our front door, Tyler was walking up our stairs. It startled me, but I wasn't thinking that anything out of the ordinary was happening. I asked him what he was doing home, chiding him a little for scaring me in that way. He sadly answered, "What do you think?"

Tyler's department downsized and outsourced and didn't renew several contracts, including Tyler's. So we are back to job searching and unemployment. Hello uncertainty; I can't say that I've missed you.

We're dong all right, considering. I'm still working at the restaurant and Tyler's all ready had a couple of interviews. He's such a good man and I'm sure he'll find something soon. We're hopeful and we're happy and healthy otherwise. So that's something.

3 comments:

Kikal said...

Oh Tara I'm so sorry, unemployed is a scary place to be. Our thoughts are with you guys!

Super Daysh said...

I'm so sorry...if I hear of anything, I'll let you know. Anything I can do to help?

*Brandi said...

I'm so sorry about all this! What a big bummer. We are praying for you guys. Good luck with the job search and everything!!!