Saturday, June 26, 2010

Derek at 15 Months

We had Derek's well-baby appointment a week or two ago. He is in the 60th percentile for height but isn't even on the charts for weight. The doctor said that by looking at me and Tyler, she's not expecting him to be very big, but she'd like to see him on the charts. We're trying to give him lots of good fats like milk, peanut butter, etc. He won't drink a lot of milk, but he likes yogurt, so that's something. The picture above is Derek with a mouth full of french toast. I especially love the powdered sugar on the nose. He loves to feed himself. He almost won't eat unless we let him do it himself. He's really good at using a spoon.

We did mommy and me swimming lessons for the last two weeks. He LOVED it. We'd get to the pool and he'd start saying, "water! water!" which sounded more like, "wadee! wadee!" It was fun to get in the water everyday, sing songs, and play. It kept us busy while Choka was gone. It actually kept us busy until Tyler got home everyday.

Derek's favorite movie right now is Disney/Pixar's "Cars". He's obsessed with all things cars. I'm fine with it. It's a good movie and very entertaining and I was getting a little tired of "Yo Gabba Gabba". He also loves to ride in the car and to play with toy cars. He also loves to pretend to drive our car. Such a boy.


He says quite a few words for a 15 month old. 3-4 words is normal and Derek has a vocabulary of 15-16 words. I am trying to make a list of all the words he says, but I'm fairly certain that I'm forgetting some. He also is a little gymnast. Last night he kept trying to do somersaults. I was pretty impressed.

Unfortunately, he's also started with the tantrums. He's still adorable though and we love him very much. He's a smart kid, charming, and happy. I'm still loving motherhood. I love you, Derek!

No comments: