We are doing pretty well. I'm looking forward to a trip back home this month. Tyler is still enjoying his job. I'm not particularly enjoying mine, but am still grateful that I am able to earn a few dollars every week. I think being a waitress is really trying my patience and faith in humanity. I had a table of six, a family, and they stayed forever. They made a mess. I had to wait for them to leave and clean the table because the bus boy was gone. They left me TWO dollars. TWO DOLLARS? That's not a tip. That's insulting. I ran around like a madwoman getting their drinks and extra napkins and all of their other special requests. If they ever come in again and I'm their server, I'm not going to waste my time. But I digress. I wish there was something I could do with my degree that would allow me to be home when I'm needed; a job that is less demeaning and frustrating.
I am, however, enjoying being a mother. Derek is a little fireball. He's such a busy and active little boy. He has got such a funny little sense of humor now. He thinks it's hilarious to jump out and scare his mom and dad. He used to hold up his rubber duck and say "quack quack quack" and then I'd ask him, "what does a duck say?" and he'd respond, "RaaaaR!" He says quite a few words for his age, including: mama, daddy, bath, ball, diaper, Tyler, Tara, Choka, eye, thank you, love you, and uh-oh. He signs the words "please," "eat," and "water." He climbs on the couch and can get down all by himself. He sings and dances. He can tell you what sounds monkeys, elephants, dogs, cows, and several other animals make. He loves to read books and push buttons. He wants to eat his food by himself with real utensils. He's just amazing. But that's coming from his mother. I am partial and I know it.
I should have a new computer by the end of this month. We're waiting for the fabulous "Back-to-school" deal that Apple has every year. I can't wait to have a working computer again!!
No comments:
Post a Comment