Yes, we're still alive and well! Technology is mad at me and I haven't been able to get on my computer since January. I'm working on a permanent solution. Maybe I'll get a new computer. Anyways, my baby turned one on Tuesday. He's officially a toddler. According to babycenter.com, the definition of a toddler differs; some people define the stage after babyhood by when said baby starts walking, and others say toddler-hood starts at the one year mark. Either way, my baby is a toddler. I have mixed emotions. One year... has it really been one whole year? How can that be?
He runs around the house all day and gets into everything. His favorite thing to do is to take stuff out of drawers and to put them into other drawers around the house.
He calls me Mom sometimes, but most of the time he calls me Tara. He calls Tyler, Dad, sometimes, but most of the time, Tyler. All day long all I hear is, "Tyler, Tyler, Tyler." Derek picks up my phone or one of his play cell phones and talks to his daddy. He says, "Hello, Tyler," and, "I love you, too, Tyler." It's absolutely adorable. We've started to try to get him to call us mom and dad. His first sentence was, "Tara *smack smack smack*" when he wanted to eat.
He loves to scribble. He also loves to play with my iPod. He loves monkeys. He makes the "oo-oo-oo" sound that a monkey makes. He also can tell you what lions, elephants, dogs, cats, and (sometimes) what roosters say.
Happy birthday, Derek.
1 comment:
Whoa! ONE! that is crazy! Happy birthday to your little man. And yes, he is so cute and so smart! That's too funny that he calles you and your hubby tara and tyler. Such a cutie!
Post a Comment