Monday, March 9, 2009

Week 40

Here's a very puffy me:

I was hoping last week would be the last picture, but here I am, still pregnant. Today was my EDD, or due date. I guess I still have a few hours that I could, perhaps, go into labor. I still think it will be Wednesday because of the full moon. Only time will tell.

I'm still doing great. I'm a little puffy and often have third and fourth finger numbness in my right hand. Those are my only complaints! My mom is more anxious for the little guy to arrive than I am. She wants to be here for a couple weeks after the birth too. I'm more relaxed thinking he'll come when he comes and that's fine. I had a few contractions that hurt so much it woke me up last night. I thought they were going to get longer, stronger, and closer together but they did not.

My mom's been walking me, swinging me, and giving me castor oil, root beer, and raspberry leaf tea to drink. We're working on it.



She's also been spoiling me. We got manicures and pedicures. We go shopping. She bought me and Peanut all sorts of good stuff. I'm glad she's here.

So...
We'll let you know when something happens. Hopefully there won't be a Week 41 post. Cross your fingers. I'm crossing mine. I can't wait to have my li'l Peanut here!!!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

we are at work. Laughing at your swinging pictures. Nice. Good luck.

Super Daysh said...

Oh no! Tara, I found your blog and I'm a terrible blog-stalker! ;) Hope you don't mind. Best of luck with the inducing labor stuff- have you tried the pressure points on your ankles yet?

SERAPH said...

I keep checking my phone to see if you've text me. I'm anxious for Peanut to get here. (I'm sure you are too.) I love you!