Monday, March 23, 2009

It's Been One Week?

Seriously? I can't believe it's been a whole week. At the same time, I feel like I was in the hospital for a month. Here's some pictures of us while we were in the hospital:

Did I mention that I'm obsessed with his fingers? They are the cutest, long and tiny fingers I've ever seen. I just want to kiss them over and over. I love holding his little hands!

This picture makes my heart melt.

He loves to put his hands up by his face. I love it.

We left the hospital on Friday night.


And here we are at home!


Aww, my little Peanut!!

The kitty came over and patted his foot a few times, got bored, and left. Mostly she's just ignored him. I'm glad. She does go over and peek at him when he's got the hiccups.


So, we're home. We're pretty happy. I'm still in a lot of pain from the surgery and I'm getting a little frustrated that I can't do anything. I can hardly lift my baby. I can't walk while carrying him. I can't drive. I can't shower by myself. I often feel like I can't breathe. I fall asleep in the middle conversations and I can't be left alone with baby because of the pain medication. It's just all very frustrating. It's fun to have baby though. I love him so much. I could look at him all day. I'm also really lucky to have such a supportive husband and a mom who is willing to give up her life for a few weeks to help me. The extra support really helps.

Derek is doing great. He's gaining weight again. He eats and sleeps. He's really strong already. He's just the sweetest li'l thing. I can't get enough. I wish Tyler didn't have to go back to work today!! He's such a cute daddy. He's been amazing. He is amazing.

2 comments:

Super Daysh said...

He is so cute!! I'm sorry you are still in pain and can't do much due to the medication and healing... that's no fun. It will get better and then you can hold your little bundle all the time. He is so adorable! Looks like you guys have a good gene pool goin' on. ;)

Eric and Hayley said...

Congrats Tara! He is so precious. How fun for you to be a mom now:)