We had a great break filled with friends, family, and lots of food. We were lucky enough to be able to attend two Thanksgiving dinners, which were both delicious. We had lunch with my family. Dan and Choka did a great job with cooking all that food. Dan's turkey is delicious but my favorite part was his sweet potatoes. I could have eaten the whole pan. The best part was that Dad, Bree, Mom and Woody came to celebrate with us.
We had dinner with Tyler's family after that at a church in Lindon. It was a lot of fun to be around Tyler's extended family on his mom's side. We had turkey and ham, mashed and sweet potatoes, and three different kinds of pies: chocolate, key lime, and cookie. We were very full by the end. We played a couple of games (I won both games we played) and Wayne and Yvonne sang karaoke.
I carried around my camera all day but this is the only picture that was taken:
Tyler took the picture. I don't know what my deal was. I should have been taking tons of pictures, especially because I actually tried to look nice that day! I'm glad that if only one picture was taken, it was this one. It was a really cute daddy-daughter moment.
After IKEA, Tyler and I went home to say bye to Bree and Dad. We took a nap. Then we went up to Gardner Village to shop and dine with Mom and Woody. Mom picked out some beautiful quilts. My favorite store was "Sassy Baby" where we picked out a present for Peanut and Danny. Woody bought Danny a dinosaur puppet and Peanut got the cutest little polka dotted beanie. Here's Tyler enjoying the "kid's only" playroom:
Woody bought me a present too. I fell in love with this diaper bag by Petunia Pickle Bottom. It is beautiful! I cannot wait to use it! It was really nice of him to spoil me that way. Thanks, Woody!
All in all, it was a great Thanksgiving break. I'm kinda sad to be back at work and school. There's only 17 more days left of the semester! Wish me luck on my research paper, diagnostic report, quizzes, tests, and finals that all have to be completed within the next couple of weeks!
All in all, it was a great Thanksgiving break. I'm kinda sad to be back at work and school. There's only 17 more days left of the semester! Wish me luck on my research paper, diagnostic report, quizzes, tests, and finals that all have to be completed within the next couple of weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment