Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thanksgiving


I know it's almost Christmas, but things got a little crazy and now I have to play catch up! We had an excellent Thanksgiving in Las Vegas at my Grandma and Grandpa's house! My brother and sister-in-law did most of the cooking and it was fabulous. Way to go Cory and Katie! Katie made some excellent yams with equal parts yams and brown sugar with marshmallows to top them off. They were my favorite. Cory made the turkey and I'm very impressed.

Derek loved playing with his "Papa" and wearing his "Woody" hat. He also loved teasing Cory by calling him Aunt Katie. The joke was encouraged by laughter and now Cory and Katie are known as, "Aunt Katie and No Aunt Katie." Haha. Silly little boy.

We saw Disney's "Tangled" over the weekend there as well. If you haven't seen it, you should! It was such a cute movie! I highly recommend it. Derek liked it just fine but was running around the theater by the end. It wasn't boyish enough for him, I guess.

As the holiday season is here, I am truly grateful for many things. I can't list everything, because that would be a very long list but I'd like to list a few. I am grateful for friends and family. I'm grateful that I get to be a mother to Derek and to Scarlett. I'm grateful for a husband who loves me and works so hard and does so much for me and for our family. I'm grateful for our good health. I'm grateful to live in this country. I'm grateful for my beautiful little house and for working cars. I'm grateful for the lessons I've learned this year. And I'm grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ.


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and I wish you all love! Hopefully I'll post about Christmas before the baby is born.

1 comment:

SERAPH said...

I am grateful for YOU! :) love ya!