
Derek is growing so fast! He's so curious and adventurous. A couple of days before his 8 month mark, he was standing by the couch, holding on and watching the Gummy Bear Song. I was sitting behind him. When it was finished, he turned around slowly, stood without holding on to anything for a second or two and then tried to take a step toward me! I was right there so I reached out and caught him as he fell forward. He really wants to start walking. He's an expert crawler now and can disappear within a few seconds. He'd rather hold some hands and walk around. We walk around our house for hours. My back hurts. He can pull himself up to standing with no trouble at all now and LOVES to turn off the TV, DVR, VCR, and Wii. I don't know why he gets such a kick out of it. I try not to react at all.

He loves balloons. He also loves to roll and chase his bouncy ball around.
He hates bananas. Every time we give him bananas, he gags. He even threw up once. Maybe we'll try again next month.
He has two teeth now, both bottom middle teeth.
He babbles a lot. He's a very vocal little boy. It's really cute.
He plays peek-a-boo and even initiates play.
He's outgrown his whale bathtub and takes baths in the "big people" tub. He loves to splash around and play. There was a minor slip where he went under the water all the way for the first time and now he's a little timid about moving around. I'm going to have to get him a little seat and some more anti-slip stickies. I'm looking for some whimsical ducks like Sheldon has.
No comments:
Post a Comment