Sunday, May 3, 2009

Our Pepper

There once was a cat named Pepper
She liked her Daddy to pet her
She would dig in the trash
And make Mommy mad
That's my cat Pepper

Some people might think this post is quite silly, but to anyone who has really loved a pet, I think you will understand. We gave our sweet PepperAnn to a cute little family yesterday. They are very sweet and were really good with PepperAnn. They have a 20 month old that just adored her. I'm so glad we found a family to love and take care of her the way she needs to be loved and taken care of. I, however, am so sad that she is gone. I miss her. I love that cat. I feel like our house is a little empty without her. I keep asking Tyler, "should we call them and have them bring Pepper home?" and he reminds me the reason we had to say goodbye. I think about my little boy being so congested that he wakes himself up from coughing to try to clear his airways and I know that it has to be this way. It is hard though. Much harder than I thought it would be.

There is a Tim McGraw song that keeps coming to mind. It's called "I Guess You Get Used to Somebody," and the chorus goes something like this:

"I guess you get used to somebody
Kinda like having them around
I guess you get used to the way they make you happy
Bring you up when you're feeling down
I never dreamed when I was letting you go
That I would wake up and miss you this much
I guess you get used to somebody
I guess you get used to being loved"










To one of God's creatures, our beloved PepperAnn:


Goodbye. We'll miss you.
WE LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Kikal said...

Oh Tara I'm so sorry. I hope your little guy can get to feeling better too!

Fifi Flowers said...

Ooooh this is heartbreaking... you have me in tears... I am glad you found her a home.