Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Week 38

It's been a pretty good week. I went to my doctor appointment on Tuesday. No change. Baby is in a little bit lower position, but basically the same as last week. Everything still looks good. Well, almost. I tested positive for Group B Strep, so I'll have to have a round of antibiotics every four hours that I'm in labor. Blerg. I was hoping to not have to have an IV at all. Oh well. It'll still be alright.

I'm so excited! My mom bought a plane ticket so she'll be here when Peanut makes his debut. She's flying into town on Tuesday. I've been having some crazy dreams lately. The other night, I had a dream that my friend, Lorna and I were on a boat and our babies were in car seats at the back of the boat. I was at the front of the boat doing something and realized that Peanut wasn't with me so I went to get him. When I pulled him out of the carseat, he looked all girlie. That wasn't what bothered me though, what bothered me was that he had no neck! His shoulders and arms started right under his ears!!! I woke up so disturbed. I had to pull out his ultrasound picture to make sure he had a neck. He does. Phew!

I also had a dream last night that I was brushing my teeth and when I spit in my dream, I actually spit. Gross! It woke me up and I had to get a new pillow. At least I didn't have one of those bathroom dreams. That would have been worse.

My life is beautiful. I really think so. Not to say that we don't have problems, we do, but I still think that my life is absolutely beautiful!

3 comments:

Lorna Terry said...

First off, SUCK that you have GBS. NOT FUN! Hopefully it won't interfere too much with labor/delivery. When I had my IV with Lily, it only bothered me when I wanted to put my hands/arms in the water...but other than that, I didn't notice it. Second, I'm honored that I was in your dream...even though it was a freaky one! Soon, you will be sleeping so little that you won't remember your dreams... ;)

SERAPH said...

That stinks that you tested positive for the Strep B.
Little Peanut could arrive any day now! I am SO excited for him to get here! You have to post pics when he arrives. And text me when the big day comes so that I can come and see you in the hospital! Love you!

Felicia said...

I'm so excited for you!!! I have total baby fever from seeing all these pregnant posts from people!!!