Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Believe (so please say a little prayer - for us)

I believe in God.
I believe that sooner or later everyone gets what they deserve, whether it be good or bad.
I believe that the non-judgmental, supportive friends and family we have on this earth are our greatest assets.
I believe that laughter heals and crying cleanses.
I believe in miracles.
I believe that music reaches us on a level where nothing else can.
I believe in love.
I believe in prayer.

A couple of weeks ago I had a perfect moment. I won't go into detail because I absolutely hate when people gush about how perfect their Shnopsy-Lopsy is and what sappy thing they did together. I will just say that I had a moment of perfection. The stars aligned. It was as close to heaven as my mortal mind can imagine. I felt my life was perfect and that I pretty much had everything I've ever wanted within my reach.

Immediately, I thought that this wouldn't last. My perfect life. It can't. While I believe there are perfect moments in life I also believe that this life wasn't meant to be perfect, that we can't grow in a perfect world. As a normal human being I don't want to grow. I want my perfection back. The moment didn't last forever, as I hoped it would. We got a bit of bad news. My world is not the same. I do believe that we will be just fine, thank you very much, but I do ask for your prayers.

I was sitting on a bench in a lobby today and suddenly I felt a little numb. I realized that I had stopped breathing. I had to remind myself to breathe. Sometimes it's all we can do to keep breathing. It will get better. This is just "a bump in our road" (as Ashley put it).

"It takes great faith and courage to pray to our Heavenly Father, 'Not as I will, but as thou wilt.' The faith to believe in the Lord and endure brings great strength. Some may say if we have enough faith, we can sometimes change the circumstances that are causing our trials and tribulations. Is our faith to change circumstances, or is it to endure them? Faithful prayers may be offered to change or moderate events in our life, but we must always remember that when concluding each prayer, there is an understanding: 'Thy will be done' (Matt. 26:42). Faith in the Lord includes trust in the Lord. The faith to endure well is faith based upon accepting the Lord’s will and the lessons learned in the events that transpire."
-- Robert D. Hales

3 comments:

MeganandClaudy said...

I love that last quote. Thanks so much for sharing it! I will def keep you guys in my prayers and know that everything will work out alright! :)

Natalie Jane said...

I'm sorry life can't stay perfect. I can't remember a moment in my life when it was or felt like it was. I'm glad you have moments when you feel it though, that's important. You're strong and amazing Tara. That's what I believe in. Thank goodness for this gospel, how would we get through anything without it? I'll keep you in my prayers.

SERAPH said...

I love you.