It's been a busy week and lots of things have come to pass. Since they were all intertwined, I thought I'd just make it into one post and tell you all about it.
Mom, Dan, Choka, the kids, Tyler and I went to Gardner's Village and took these lovely pictures:
Hanging out with the Walker Family
My family was all together for the first time since Christmas. It was so fun to have everyone together! Usually, I'll have to admit, things get a little strained when you have too many Walker's in one room, but this visit was just ideal. I had a great time and didn't want it to end!
Aww. The princess and his wifey. They came all the way from Michigan and Arizona. We don't get to see them much so it was an extra special treat to get to be with them in the summertime!

Ariunaa is jut so entertaining. We all just sit there and watch her. What did we ever do without Dan and Cho's cute kids?!
Ride 'em cowgirl!August 14th
Thursday was BYU's summer commencement exercises. I walked in this graduation even though I still have a couple of classes to take this fall. It just seemed like the perfect time since everyone could be there. I'm glad everyone came! I felt so loved and appreciated.
We ate dinner at the California Pizza Kitchen to celebrate that night. It's our place. Tyler and I met there, we had our wedding luncheon there, and we eat there for anniversaries and other big life events.
Going around the table clockwise starting with: Aunt Debbie, Scott, Sam, Bree, Katie and Cory (who look like a totem pole) and DadBefore we started eating, Tyler stood up and congratulated me on my hard work and told me he was proud of me. He's such a sweet husband. Then Tyler introduced Zayaa to make an announcement for us. She stood up on her chair and in her very adorable little voice said,
"Tyler's having a baby!"
She had to repeat it a couple of more times for everyone to hear and the last time I got some credit too. Most everyone in the room had already guessed at the news long before we told them, but it was nice to make it official. I'm apparently not a great actress when I feel sick and tired all day every day.
We call him/her Peanut, affectionately of course.
August 15th
The 15th was a busy day! It was my dad's birthday and mine and Tyler's anniversary and my college convocation. The day started very early with the convocation at 8 am. I got a very nice surprise when I was waiting in line. I noticed a girl up ahead of me that looked really familiar - it was Miriam Deru! We had a few classes together and I just love her. She and her husband moved up to Ogden before last semester so I haven't seen her in a year or so. It was so good to see her. She's one of the sweetest people I've ever met.
After graduation, we all changed into normal clothing ate, and drove to Las Vegas on our way to Jeffrey's wedding. We all left at different times because everyone was ready at different times. Tyler and I stopped to eat in St. George for our anniversary. We ate at Cafe Rio. We changed from our traveling clothes into nice ones (in the car) for the occasion.
Well, since I'm on the subject, I'd like to say a few words about our anniversary. I cannot imagine my life without Tyler. He's the best thing that every happened to me and I'm so grateful that we were sealed for eternity in the temple. I didn't know what happiness was until I was married to my Sweetheart. And it just keeps getting better.
We all made it to Vegas safely and spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa Walker's house. It was so great. It was crowded and hectic but I had a lot of fun.
August 16th
We left my grandparent's house around 6:30am and drove straight through to Los Angeles.
We left my grandparent's house around 6:30am and drove straight through to Los Angeles.
The Wedding Luncheon was at BJ's Brewery in Westwood. Good food. Good times.
I love this picture! It was taken after the sealing ceremony in front of the L.A. Temple.
The sealing ceremony was beautiful and both Jeff and Rachel looked so happy. I'm really glad we got to be there. Between Choka and Katie and Cory and Brad and my two hilarious sisters, I could hardly keep from laughing most of the day.
The weirdest part about the whole day was seeing friends and family that I haven't seen in such a long time and having them come up and touch my stomach. It was really funny to me. It was nice that so many people got to hear about the pregnancy in person. My mom had fun telling people. It was her opening line. The first thing anyone asks is if I've been sick. So I'm going to answer on here, just in case that was your first question too. I have been sick, but not too sick. I haven't thrown up or anything but I basically feel nauseated all the time. It's worse if I don't eat regularly. I have to keep food in my stomach. I'm also very tired. I am never not tired. I am Always tired.
The weirdest part about the whole day was seeing friends and family that I haven't seen in such a long time and having them come up and touch my stomach. It was really funny to me. It was nice that so many people got to hear about the pregnancy in person. My mom had fun telling people. It was her opening line. The first thing anyone asks is if I've been sick. So I'm going to answer on here, just in case that was your first question too. I have been sick, but not too sick. I haven't thrown up or anything but I basically feel nauseated all the time. It's worse if I don't eat regularly. I have to keep food in my stomach. I'm also very tired. I am never not tired. I am Always tired.
After taking a few pictures, my family headed home and Tyler and I went through a session of the Temple. It was much needed and appreciated. It's such a beautiful place!
We got some In 'N' Out and joined my family in Tehachapi.
Have you ever seen Tehachapi? This is one of my favorite parts, the wind mills.August 17th
The Mountain Festival was in town while we were there so we checked that out. When in Tehachapi... ya know? I fell in love with a high chair/rocking horse/desk for little Peanut. Maybe Papa will give in and buy it.
Mom made Spaghetti that night and we had to go get some supplies. Cory and Tyler got captured by the Captain Morgan or I should say that maybe they have some Cap'n in 'em. Tyler said, "Do you know what I think of when I see Captain Morgan" and at they both pulled this pose at the same time. I cracked up. Those boys!I was sure sad to see this trip end. I didn't want to leave. I miss everyone already! Love you guys!
A few funny quotes.. you might have had to have been there...
1. Panda Head!
2. I like Pudding on the Rice
3. Pazookie!
1. Panda Head!
2. I like Pudding on the Rice
3. Pazookie!















7 comments:
I'm SO glad that you were able to have such a fun time with your family. :) I sent you a message, congratulating you on graduation, but totally spaced it and forgot to include a "happy anniversary" in there too. Sorry about that. Blonde (or prego) moment. :) I am so EXCITED that one off my best friends is prego with me. I love you!
Wow! Congratulations a couple times over, Tara!
Hey glad I found your blog! Congrats on so much! I am very happy for you and glad to see you doing so well.
Tara we are so excited for you!! What a fun journey your on!!! Congrats on graduating and starting a family. You are so cute!! THe Hechts
CONGRATS about the pregnancy! That's such good timing! You look sooo good in the cap and gown it's not fair! You totally inspired me and so I wore my hat like you on Friday! You look fab in all of your photos!
Congrats on your little peanut! All the aches and pains of pregnancy are totally worth the trade for sleepless nights...just ask Clark :)
Congrats Tara & Tyler! I'm so excited for you and your little peanut! :)
Post a Comment