I've been reading a lot lately. I don't have time when I'm in school to read for fun and I forgot how enjoyable reading can be! I feel like I've been reunited with an old friend. I read
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and loved it. Then I read
Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson and loved that as well. My book club was reading an old favorite,
Pride and Prejudice, and I devoured that in maybe two sittings. Stephenie Meyer's new book,
The Host, came out so I had to read that. It was much better than I thought. I read the Twilight series again to get ready for the much anticipated
Breaking Dawn and flew through them. I usually don't like books about aliens or vampires but there is something about Mrs. Meyer's stories. I like the way she thinks. It could just be that I'm a sucker for romance.

I'm just about finished with Emily Bronte's
Wuthering Heights and need another book. Any suggestions? Please don't recommend anything sad. I don't think I can take it after this last one. Thanks!
1 comment:
You don't know me, but I figure you know my husband because we have a link to your blog on our blog. And I can never pass up the opportunity to recommend books:
The Wet Engine, by Brian Doyle
The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint Exupery.
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer (Yes, this one's sad, but also hilarious. I cried and laughed out loud.)
Post a Comment