Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Daybreak: The American Dream



Tyler and I had a wonderful day together yesterday. After a very relaxing morning, we went to IKEA to buy a dresser. We spent a couple of hours there perusing options for decorating. I had so much fun shopping at the only store that I can sanely stay in for hours upon hours and Tyler looked pained by boredom. Since we were already up north, we decided to go visit Shanda and Kensington. They live in a community in South Jordan called Daybreak. It is beautiful. In the course of our visit we discovered a few things about Daybreak that I really like:

1. Communal gardens where you rent a plot for a year
2. Parks every few blocks
3. A lake with canoes and fishing boats.
4. Air conditioning in all houses and units
5. A community center that has classes like Yoga and Mommy 'n' Me Music

I'm converted to the Daybreak way of life. I even love their ridiculous fake doors on a few porches. I'm trying to convince Tyler to move out there but it's a bit silly with our going to school and working down here in Utah County not to mention that we just bought a townhouse. Maybe in a few years. A girl can dream, right?



http://www.daybreakutah.com/

2 comments:

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

we went to IKEA on wednesday too! i could live in that store. and i'm equally obsessed with daybreak.

-annie

Daybreak Man said...

Check out daybreaktoday.blogspot.com